The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sharing Mom's Weaknesses


















Many times in this life, God uses us (humans and furry creatures) in the lives of others. Quite often we stretch those we love the most and sometimes the stretching is painful. God has chosen to use me many times in the life of my human mother. I'm thankful mom allows me to share some of her weaknesses as she journeys with me through this life.

Mom likes the analogy of the Tortoise and the Hare. It's a childlike lesson that keeps on teaching in our home. The lesson for us is, slow and steady wins the race and we all want to win. So, why does mom try to run ahead of God instead of taking it one step at a time and staying the course?

 We all have weaknesses and my mom is no different. Mom wants to "get it done" and/or "fix" every problem that arises in the lives of those she loves. This may not sound like a weakness to any of you, but in my mom's case it's a weakness. As dad says, "she becomes obsessed with making all things right in the world." Mom's heart is in the right place, but she is NOT God and she can not fix everything.

Mom's other weakness is "lack of patience." Not only does she want to fix everything, but she wants it done quickly. Mom is learning to patiently wait and trust God in all things and situations. Daily she struggles and clearly she's a work in progress. We love her anyway!

Over the last few months, I have been very ill. In fact, I almost left this world . God has answered mom's prayers and allowed me to stay here for now. He continues to teach her to trust Him as she and the doctors reassess my health each week. I have not received and instant healing, but rather a gradual healing. I am slowly and steadily getting better. It's one step at a time. Trust and patience have become a part of our daily lives. Is mom still struggling? Of course, she is. She is human.

The human world often seems to complicated to me. Many humans may say, "you're just a dog," but it seems to me life would be a lot less stressful if we could all just trust God with the things we don't understand and can not fix on our own. Mom expects me to trust her and I do. So, I expect mom to trust God and stop worrying about things beyond her control.

Like Mr. Hare, I continue to make slow and steady progress. I plan to finish the race God called me to with victory, as I enjoy life here in "The Perdue Zoo!" Thanks again for your continued prayers, love, and encouragement.

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

5 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

I love this post! It does seem like God is using Sitka to teach you a valuable lesson of trusting Him. It's been a privilege for me to be a part of this story - as often I have prayed for Sitka, and you and Doug, for patient endurance, even the vet - for wisdom.

Blessings...

Denise said...

Praying for you Sitka, and your mom. I love you both very much.

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Mom Kim here - I haven't been online much lately due to my own med problems. You Sitka are so right - we humans could learn a whole lot from you canines about trusting God and also we need to be patient in letting God do what He is going to in HIS time, not ours. I am happy to see you are doing better and I continue with good and healthy vibes and prayers too - to you and your mom and dad.
Mom Kim

vanilla said...

Your mom is a wonderful person, unique in so many ways, but in her weaknesses she is very much like many of us. The need to fix everything and to fix it now: not unique to Mrs. B. But you have nailed the solution to the problem. We must learn to trust God more, to let Him work His will through us in His own time.

vanilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.