The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on Macy


















Thank you for your continued prayers for Macy. She endured a difficult week. Macy was diagnosed with pneumonia. We knew she had a heart murmur and in the last year it had become worse. Mom worked diligently with Macy. She placed little bites of yogurt and rx doggie food on Macy's tongue every few hours for several days. Mom also held her head and trickled water in her mouth until she could motivate her to drink. Twice each day, Mom administered to heart medicines and two antibiotics. After a few days of this regmine, Macy bounced back to her normal self. Mom was prepared to continue her feeding process, but Macy sat up and began lapping up Mom's mixture of food. She then began trying to walk. Walking came a little slower. Initially, she staggered around like an old person. She is old, but she doesn't know it. Please don't hurt her feelings by revealing our secret. We will just keep it between us. Dad got a good look at the chart they use to figure dogs age and she is about 90 years old. In case you didn't know, they have a chart where you figure a dogs age based on their weight and their actual years of life. Macy is 16 1/2 years old and weights about 30 pounds, making her around 90 human years old. Dr. Loehr does not know how long we will have with Macy, but I sure am glad he did not want to give up on her just yet. We all love her and she makes Mom and our human brother Wil, very happy. You see, she is just one year younger than Wil. He has grown up with Macy. She tells us furry siblings that she is really Wil's mom! She loves that human more than anyone else!

Once again, I am thankful for each of you who come here and read my blog. I am thankful Mom and Dad allow me to have a blog. It is hard to believe humans really want to know what a big furry dog has to say. I am also thankful for the prayers each of you send up on behalf of my family and so many others we love. I pray each of you has a beautifully blessed summer!

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

16 comments:

Parsley said...

Poor Macy. I'm glad your family is giving her more time.

Unknown said...

Macy, stay strong. Our prayers are always with you, paws crossed here.

Danae Hudson said...

That is wonderful!! I'm glad you have more time with her. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sitka, so glad Macy is feeling some better. Hope you and Nanuq and Trouble are all doing well......try to stay cool in this heat and let your mom know I am praying for you all! hugs and belly rubs you big ole sweet baby!!

Cathy said...

Aw, bless Macy's sweet heart and her Mom's who takes care of her so well. Love you all ~

NanaNor's said...

Greetings Sitka and Mom, So thankful to hear about Macy's doing better, will continue to pray for her. When my Reggie wouldn't drink his water I added a bit of chicken broth to it and it helped plus gave him some protein.
You continue to be Macy's pal and encourage her.
Hugs & pets,
Noreen & Reggie-dog

Denise said...

Hello Sitka, thanks for the update on dear Macy.Glad to know Macy is doing better, prayers continue. I love you all.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Poor baby. Good thoughts to her
Benny & Lily

Just Be Real said...

((((Macy))))
Precious time.

Mocha Momma said...

Glad to hear Macy is doing better. Bless her old doggie heart.

It's good she'll be around longer.

Deborah said...

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that Macy is so sick. I will be praying for her and your family Andrea.
xxoo
Deborah
My guys will keep there paws crossed too!

countrynmore said...

I am so glad to hear the good update on Macy. Keeping our paws crossed that Macy continues to improve.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I am happy to hear that Macy is better. Thank you for the update, Sitka.

Jewel said...

Oh, Andrea....I will surely pray for Macy and for you and your family, as you care for her. I know all about the love that is shared between us humans and our precious pets. ((HUGS))

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

Very happy to hear Macy is feeling better. Poor ole gal. I have 2 old (12 years) poodles. One knows nothing about age....the other does. We love them both.
Blessings to you and your mom and Macy.

Iva Messy said...

my thoughts are with you!