The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Confession











*This picture was taken at our church. Mom did not take it. She thinks our pastor (Mike Maxwell) took it last year.




Many of you know we have been enjoying a beautiful winter wonderland. While some humans do not like snow; we love snow in the Perdue Zoo. So, what does snow have to do with my title "Confession?"

Yesterday, while mom and dad were occupied making vegetable soup, doing laundry, and other such human chores I came upstairs to find those yummy peanuts I have been watching dad eat each night. Temptation got the best of me.

Things were going pretty well until I found my head stuck in the large paper grocery bag dad had been using to put the peanut shells in. I was trying to figure out how to get it off without ripping the bag when I heard dad coming. You see I was taking my time in order to leave no evidence. Unfortunately, time was NOT on my side.

Thankfully, Dad has a wonderful sense of humor. He pulled the bag off my head and laughed at me. I considered being mad at dad for laughing at me until I thought about how silly I must have looked with that brown paper bag on my head. Also, dad didn't even fuss at me. I deserved punishment, but I didn't get it. That my friends is what humans call "grace!"

I understand that God gives my humans "grace" a lot. Therefore, my mom and dad have learned to give "grace" to others, human and furry. I'm thankful they are not selfish with "grace" and share it with us furry kids, too.

If "grace" is new to you I will tell you what I think it means. "Grace" is getting love and forgiveness when I don't deserve it. In fact, it is given to me when I'm the biggest furry mess possible. Let's just say my humans and other humans have given out a lot of grace over my almost ten years of life. Otherwise, I'd have likely had a death sentence by now.

If you are wondering about all my furry sins. Well, guess what? I've done my time more than once and I've been forgiven by both humans and God. So, we don't talk about those things anymore. We focus on the positive and the good. I overheard my dad tell mom a few nights ago, "We all have negative things in our past and if we focus on those we will stay in a bad place. At the same time, we all have done good/great things. If we remember those times when God has used us for good we will find healing, peace, and contentment." I don't know about any of you, but I think these are pretty wise words to live by whether you find your head stuck in a bag of peanut shells or something worse.

Since confession is good for the soul. I'm off to take a peaceful furry nap.

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Sitka,

I love hearing about all your adventures and like today with the peanuts, it got the best of you. So glad that like our heavenly father, your earthly one was able to get your out of the jam you were in. God's great like that, coming along when we need Him the most.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Unknown said...

Within the long run I actually prefer to study on this posts from your blog.
HD Wallpapers