The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Friday, February 25, 2011

Fear


























Last week, we visited Hatteras Island! During our visit we experienced the "invasion" of Frisco Beach by strange looking objects. Mom and Dad called these scary creatures "Kite/Wind Surfers!" At one point, there were about 20 or more in the waters of the beach, coming inland towards us.

I am usually a pretty cool dude. Mom has exposed me to lots of loud and strange looking creatures. I am accustomed to hospitals, air planes, and fire alarms among a few things. However, these colorful and erratic moving objects made me crazy. I "drug" Mom to the dunes and hid in the sea grass. I really wanted to go back to the beach house, but Mom wanted to get some pictures. Mom wasn't scared and did not understand what was wrong with me. She tried to tell me these scary creatures were just humans enjoying the beautiful day, but I did not buy it. I am still not convinced! Everyone is afraid of something and for me it is Wind Surfers and jet ski's.

Have you ever been afraid? How did you handle your fear? Did you have someone to comfort you during the time of intense fear?

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Sitka,
I am so sorry you were so frightened by these humans. Yes, I am scared at times but mostly of things like snakes, creepy spiders but most of all, I am scared of someone hurting my child.
thanks for the lovely photo and I know your mom will protect you because that is just what moms do!

Danae Hudson said...

Aww! I am afraid of spiders and I think I have other things...like being powerless (though I know that I am).

I hope you're feeling better now :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

awww. you got to learn Sitka...to look fear in the face....and bar your teeth....just kidding....the photo is great

Jane In The Jungle said...

Whew...I can see why that would freak you out!!
It would freak me out enough not to even try it!!!