The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on Macy

















Macy has continued to defy the doctors odds. It has been six months since our vet declared her terminal. She received this diagnosis just as she turned 16 years old. She is about a 100 years old in doggie years, according to the new formulations used for size and years. Given her age and condition, she is doing well. Her cancerous tumors are growing, but she remains comfortable and happy. She loves to spend most of her days laying on Mom and Dad's bed. Mom and Dad put an old WWII Naval foot locker at the end of the bed. Macy jumps onto it and then onto the bed. They keep a blanket on their bed for her to lay on. This blanket is one of her favorites. You can't tell, but it is Dad's "Hokie" (VT) blanket. It is warm and very cozy.

Thank you for your continued prayers for my older doggie sister, Macy. Our family appreciates your love, prayers, and encouragement more than you know.

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your girl is a fighter.
Hang in there Macy.
Our prayers to you.

RCUBEs said...

I know it's the family's love that strengthens her. God bless you all.

Denise said...

Such a precious fighter, fight on Macy.

sunshine said...

My blessings and prayers are with you and your family Macy.
It's so wonderful to know that you have such a loving family that is taking care of giving you a beautiful, comfortable life until the end of your days, you are very blessed dog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for your sweet comments about me on Maggie's Blogazine. I am only what God made me to be and all I do is him working through me...the credit goes Him.

I love your blog and have been reading some of your posts. I see we have a lot in common. I have become a follower and I am looking forward so much to reading your posts and getting to know you.

Hugs!

God's Little People said...

Dear Sitka, it is so good to hear that Macy is doing well. She is in the hearts, minds and prayers of many kind people and certainly mine too. Love to you all.

Karen said...

Awww...sweet Macy....

NanaNor's said...

Hey Sitka, Praying for your sister; what a trooper she is-kind of reminds me of Max in South Africa.
I know your family's care and love are helping her.
Love to you all.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Glad to hear she's resting and comfortable on her Dad's blanket!

Edie said...

Aw. You must be taking great care of your sister Sitka. Keep up the good work.

Mary Moss said...

She's such a sweet girl. I'm glad she can spend her days all cozy and snuggled up on your mom and dad's bed:-)