The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Friday, January 30, 2009

Furry Visits to the Alzheimer's Unit

Today my parents took Nanuq and I to Our Lady Of Hope for our monthly visit. We love to visit all the patients, however each of us have one special patient we are drawn to. Many of the residents filled the Alzheimer's unit to visit with us.

Nanuq quickly found his friend. She has long flowing hair, a frail body, and always rides in her wheelchair. I looked for "my gentleman" from one side of the room to the other, but I couldn't find him. One of the nurses asked mom what we were looking for and she told her. After a moment of silence, the nurse told us my friend had died. He was a large man who always called out, "I want to see the big dog."

Today was indeed a sad day for us, but we know for the last couple of years we brought joy to my gentleman friend's life. We look forward to continuing our ministry in this facility and many others.

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

1 comment:

Mary Moss said...

Awww. I know this was a sad thing. Especially because Sitka is so sensitive.