The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Monday, March 5, 2012

Kitty Brother, Sox




















Mom took the photo of Sox last week. He "loves" to lay on the dryer while it is running. We rescued him about five years ago. He was found in a culvert pipe on a farm in Bealton, Virginia. My mom's friend Sue Ellen Sox Brown rescued him and brought him back to Richmond. She nursed he and his siblings back to health and Mom decided Sox should live with us. Dad named him "Sox" after Sue Ellen. It is her maiden name and Sox also has socks on all for feet! My human brother Wil has taught Sox to fetch and Mom crate trained him. I'm not sure, but I think he is a little confused. Mom says, "he's a dog trapped in a cats body!"

Sox doesn't like me very much. It's all because I still chase him if the opportunity arises. I never hurt him.  When I catch him and I always catch him I use my nose to nuzzle him around. He does not like my nuzzling and puppy love. I don't get it. He prances around and teases me, but when I take the bait, he gets cranky. I always end up with blood trickling from my nose. Well, that's life with a big, fat, furry kitty!

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hello to you, and your brother Sox, love each other always.

Leslie said...

I'm not allowed to have any feline brothers or sisters because one of my human brothers is allergic to them. I do have a cat buddy next door, and he does come in our house for a visit sometimes. Fuzz & I have an understanding...I don't get too close and he doesn't bat my nose with his sharp claws!! I wasn't too thrilled when he drank out of my water bowl though. You should have seen the look I gave my dad!!

Woof, Otto