The first creation of blogging with my furry friends. We want you to know how much GOD loves you and how very special you are to HIM! We look foward to many days of blogging with you.
Andrea and "The Perdue Zoo"

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Value of Dog Therapy





















Yesterday, Mom was privileged to see a patient I had visited in a local nursing home. At the time of my initial visit, the patient was recovering from a stroke. He could not move any part of his body without assistance. His speech was not recognizable, yet I was able to make a difference in his life. I motivated him to move and work hard to recover.

On my first visit, he reached for me with both arms. The staff was amazed. By our second visit (one month later) he was wheeling his own wheelchair and speaking with clarity. Over the past year, we have visited his facility many times. Each visit, my friend seemed to progress positively.

More than a year has pasted and Mom sees this gentleman in the local mall. He is now walking on his own, with a cane. Mom could not wait to get home and tell me. Often, we do NOT get to see the end result of my work. Today, I am praising GOD for the evidence of the value of my work.

Blessed to be a therapy dog.

Woofs and Wags,

Sitka

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Love that picture of yours, looking out to the ocean.
That's amazing what "healing touch" you can bring not only with the man who had a stroke but everyone you come in contact with.
May God continue to give you strength as you bring your special way of cheering other hurting people. God bless Sitka.

Heart2Heart said...

Sitka,

Love that amazing ending to the story how just much your healing touch has offered that man! You truly have a blessed gift from God!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

LisaShaw said...

And woof woof to you Sitka and praise the Lord for the testimony.

Love you and your Momma.

Leslie said...

Pets have such a calming effect on their stressed out humans, don't they? I think in some way all pets are therapy animals even if it's not their official job! Our dog is probably a little too hyper to be a therapy dog, but he's always calming to me.

RCUBEs said...

How can I forget you when I get blessings, Sitka? Because you are one, amazing furry friend! C'mon over my site when you're done with your organic treats :)